We provide different types of USSD Service Codes with various capabilities to meet your messaging needs. There are three types of USSD Codes available to you.
A dedicated USSD code is typically owned by one account. It has only one segment. Eg *714#. You can add as many subcodes (extensions) as possible. It is more expensive than the other types of USSD codes. You can contact any of our friendly sales personnel for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Semi Dedicated Codes
A semi-dedicated code is dedicated to one account but shared among other accounts. The owner of the semi-dedicated service code can create as many extensions as possible. You can contact any of our friendly sales personnel for more information at email@example.com.
A shared code is a code that is shared among different users. This option is less expensive and the most preferred one. You can add as many subcode (extensions) as possible. Eg *713*20*xxx#. You can search and buy a shared USSD service code from your Hubtel account. You can request for a shared code from your Hubtel account here.
- Login to your Unity account and navigate to USSD on the top navigation bar.
- Click on Request For A USSD Code on the side navigation bar.
- Select your preferred USSD Code from dropdown.
- Also, select your preferred USSD Sub-code from the dropdown.
- Provide a useful description. Eg A USSD survey application for collecting data from field officers.
- Read and accept the Terms and Conditions. Click Save Request to submit a request.
USSD Service Request Process
Approval of USSD Code
- After choosing your preferred USSD Code, your request will be reviewed and approved by Hubtel.
- Approval from Hubtel generates an invoice on your account, which is also sent to your email.
- You can make payment for your USSD Code direct Bank Deposit or Mobile Money from your Hubtel account.
Activation of a USSD Code
- Your requested USSD Code remains in a ‘Pending’ state and is activated only when payment is received from you.
- An email is sent to notify you of the USSD Code activation.
USSD Code Deactivation
A USSD Code is automatically deactivated once the rental period expires. This happens if payment is not made to extend your rental period.
An email is sent to notify you of your impending deactivation continuously for two weeks before deactivation.