By law we are required to verify the identity of account holders to confirm if businesses using our payment services are registered. It is one of many ways in which we protect our clients and their customers from fraud.
We verify registered business documents, business owner, partner or director national ID and business location. These must be provided by an Admin or the business owner.
Based on the documents you submit, a know your customer (KYC) percentage level of trust is assigned to your account. A higher KYC level, makes certain features easily accessible to you such as transfer limits and more.
Below are the types of documents expected. Kindly upload at least one in each category to unlock the basic features on Hubtel.
- Name of the business
- Business physical address (if any)
- Type of business
- Food and Beverage
- Health and Beauty
- Retail Goods
- Service & Repair
Registered Business Documents
- Business Registration Document
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Certificate to Commence Business
- TIN: Tax Identification Number
- Others (eg. Tax Stamp, NGO certificate, etc..)
Business Owner, Partner or Director ID
- Driver Licence
- Voters ID
- Social Security Number
Proof of Location
- Water Bill
- Electricity Bill
Note: An option will be made available to use the same details provided for business address.
To submit any of the above mentioned documents;
- Login to your Unity account.
- Click on Banking on the top navigation bar.
- Then, click on Settings on the left options bar.
- Click on Upload Document (scroll to bottom and look of the right) to upload the required documents.