Process refunds for payments directly from the Mobile App or Web App. When you issue a refund, your customer will be refunded their purchase amount minus transaction fees if there were any. Only an Admin in the business is allowed to issue refunds and it can only be issued on a successful sale.
We first look to your Hubtel Merchant account balance to cover the refund amount. If your account balance doesn’t cover the refund, the refund request will not be processed.
Currently, you can refund cash and mobile money sales only.
How Refunds Work from the Mobile App
- Click the menu button to display a drop down;
2. Select activity to view sales history;
3. Click on the sale you wish to refund to view sales details;
4. Click the green button on the page to view actions to take on the sale;
Select the refund option;
5. On the next page, you enter the amount you wish to refund, select a reason for refund and click Issue Refund. (You will have to specify reason for refund is not part of options to select).
6. Confirm password for authorization purposes
7. Confirm refund details and issue refund
How Refunds Work from the Web App
- Click Sales on the green navigation bar which takes you to the sale history page;
- On the sales history page, find the successful sale you wish to refund and click the three-dotted action button
3. Select Issue Refund
4. On the next page, you enter the amount you wish to refund, select a reason for refund and click Issue Refund. (You will have to specify reason for refund if it not part of options to select).
5. Confirm refund details and issue refund