What is a Merchant Account on Hubtel?
Your Merchant account on Hubtel is like your bank account. This is where we keep all the payments you receive from your customers as well as where you manage how money moves out to your other bank or mobile money accounts.
All payments you receive will be available to you once settled (after 24 hours for mobile money and within 3 working days for bank cards).
You will see this amount in your Available balance.
Link a Bank or Mobile Money wallet to your Merchant Account
You have to link your bank account or mobile money wallet so that you can move your receivables or funds out of your Merchant Account.
To do this;
1. Login to the Hubtel unity portal here.
2. Scroll down and select View account overview under the merchant account option.
3. Click Settings on the left navigation menu.
4. Click on the Transfer Settings tab.
5. You have the option of adding a Mobile Money Account or a Bank Account, however one has to be set as the default account.
6. Provide the required account details and Save.
7. You are now set to be able to transfer funds from your Merchant Account.
Note: Always double check to make sure account details provided are accurate.