- Enter the price of the item on the number keypad and tap ADD
- Add a description to the item
3. Tap Charge at the bottom of the page to proceed.
4. Enter customer phone number, tap Skip at the bottom of the screen to skip this process
When you’re ready to take the payment, tap Charge after customer discovery to see the payment options available.
5. Choose the payment option of the customer to close the sale.
Accept Cash Payments
1. Type the cash amount received from customer into the amount tendered field
2. If you are using a Hubtel cash drawer, this will cause the cash drawer to open to enable you issue cash change to the customer.
3. If you have a printer connected, a receipt will automatically be printed to be issued to the customer.
Accept Mobile Money Payments
- Enter the mobile money phone number of the customer
- This should display customer details, confirm this information with customer and tap Charge to send payment prompt.
4. If you have a printer connected, a receipt will automatically be printed to be issued to the customer.
Accept Bank Card Payments
- Initiate the bank card payment and ask customer to present card.
- The customer may insert or swipe card depending on the type of card present.
Chip Card Slot: Insert the card into the chip card slot at the bottom of the Card Reader,
wait for the instruction on the display, then enter PIN, and press Enter key [✓].
Magstripe Reading Slot:Swipe the card through the slot on top of the Card Reader and make sure the front of the card is facing you.
3. Ask Customer to enter their PIN if required
4. Wait for confirmation
5. Ask customer to remove the Card when prompted
6. Complete sale and print or send SMS receipt.
Accept Hubtel Payments
To receive payment from hubtel.me, customer must be discovered at the beginning of the sale. Only hubtel users can pay with this channel.
- Tap Hubtel from the list of payment options
- If customer has been discovered, prompt will automatically be shared with customer to authorize payments
- Customer authorizes payment
- You will receive a notification to confirm payment from customer.